Bird Holidays is committed to a policy of fair trading and great care is taken to see that you have a successful holiday.
All of the arrangements for your holiday are governed by the following booking conditions which include your commitment to us and ours to you. In addition, your holiday involves the provision to you of various services by independent parties and the conditions of their agreements with you are also referred to below.
YOUR COMMITMENTS TO US
1. Payment - When you confirm your holiday you must sign a booking form accepting these Booking Conditions and pay the appropriate deposit. The balance of the holiday price is due 10 weeks before the date of departure of the holiday. If the balance remains unpaid after this date we reserve the right to cancel your booking, retain the deposit you have paid and invoice you for any consequential losses.
2. Cancellation by you - The deposit is paid to us as a sign of your willingness to utilise travel arrangements and accommodation which we reserve on your behalf. Should you, or any member of your booking, be forced to cancel your holiday reservation you must do so in writing and this must be signed by the person who signed the booking form. The cancellation will take effect from the date that written notice was received at our office. All cancellations are subject to a charge (payable by the person who signed the booking form) based on estimated losses and calculated as follows. For cancellations received more than 10 weeks before departure the deposit and any shuttle flight paid for is forfeited. For cancellations received 10 to 4 weeks before departure 80% of the total cost is forfeited. For cancellations received less than 4 weeks before departure the total cost is forfeited. If the cause of the cancellation is within the terms of the insurance any cancellation charges will normally be refunded to you by the insurance company.
3. Alterations by you - The following sets out any charges applicable for changes you may decide to make to your holiday reservation once you have let us have your booking form and deposit. In all cases you must notify us of your wishes in writing:
(a) A change of holiday within 10 weeks of departure will be treated as a cancellation and charges will be levied as set out in Paragraph 2. above.
(b) If you wish to make any other alteration to your booking you will be charged an alteration fee of £25 per person, plus any consequential costs we incur.
4. Travel Insurance- It is a requirement, when booking your holiday, that you arrange travel insurance with Holiday Extras or an alternative insurance provider. This insurance must provide for emergency medical expenses (minimum £1,000,000) and must have a 24 hour emergency telephone number.
5. A booking on a shared-room basis is only accepted on the understanding that if a same-sex room mate cannot be matched then you will be required to accept a single room and pay the appropriate single supplement. This requirement is waived if you book more than three months prior to departure. Rooms are allocated in the order at which bookings are received. No smoking is allowed in these rooms.
6. On a holiday of this nature it is necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader who represents us. Signing our booking form signifies your agreement to this. If you commit an illegal act when on the holiday, or if in the opinion of the leader your behaviour is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the group as a whole, he may dismiss you from the holiday without the right to any refund.
7. We strongly condemn the collecting of any living specimens from the natural world. Our holidays provide the opportunity to watch and photograph wildlife only; not to disturb it! We empower all of our leaders with the right to dismiss any member of a group insisting on collecting plant, insect or other living material, as well as unduly or repeatedly disturbing a bird from its nest, roost or feeding site. A person dismissed in this way shall have no cause for complaint or refund and shall bear all the extra expenses of his/her return home.
8. We operate a no smoking policy in the vehicle, at meal times, close to other group members in the field, and in shared accommodation as in 5. above. None of our principal leaders smoke.
9. All baggage and personal belongings are at all times at the passengerís own risk.
10. The passenger is responsible for ensuring that all travel documents (eg. Passport, Visa etc.) are valid and effective.
OUR COMMITMENTS TO YOU
11. Consumer Protection -
We hold an Air Travel
Organiserís License issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL number 5546).
When you buy an ATOL protected flight inclusive holiday from us, you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists the flight, accommodation, car hire and/or other services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). Where we are unable to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
12. Bookings are accepted after receipt of the completed booking form and appropriate deposit and after confirmation of the booking has been sent to you.
13. Alterations by us - We will do our utmost to provide the holiday arrangements that have been confirmed, but we must reserve the right to modify or cancel any holiday, flight schedule, accommodation or arrangement if unforeseen circumstances amounting to force majeure arise. In such circumstances we will inform you as soon as possible and, should the change be such that it alters the nature of the holiday, we shall offer you the choice of an alternative holiday or a full refund of all monies paid.
14. Price Guarantee - The prices in this brochure are based on the foreign currency exchange rates, tariffs and other costs prevailing at 1st August 2012. Exchange rates are those quoted in the Financial Times on 1st August 2012. We reserve the right to pass on any increases in costs after this date, although we will try to absorb them. Increases due to currency fluctuations and flying cost arising after the date of the final invoice will be absorbed by ourselves. In return for this guarantee, no refund will be granted if the Pound rises above the 1st August 2012 rate.
15. Group Size - We reserve the right to exceed the maximum group size by one person in cases where there is only one place left on the holiday and a couple wish to book.
16. The company reserves the right to decline any booking without explanation.
17. Tour Leaders - Whilst we shall make every effort to keep the principal leader and/or local guide secured for a tour, we reserve the right to substitute another leader/local guide if due to ill health or for any other reason the advertised leader/local guide is unavailable. Where two leaders are given in the brochure but the number of bookings justifies only one, we reserve the right to use just one.
18. Whilst we do our best to operate programmes as advertised we reserve the right to make changes to itineraries in the interests of safety and for the general well-being of clients, or, more often, to take advantage of local bird information. Where the holiday includes a cruise ship, itineraries are subject to change due to weather, sea ice conditions, and various other circumstances outside our control, and at the discretion of the shipís captain.
19. Tour Cancellation - We must reserve the right not to operate a tour on which there are insufficient bookings 10 weeks before departure. Full payment will be refunded.
20. Our Liabilities to you - Our tours visit remote places with often rough terrain. You may be several hours away from medical support. Your booking is accepted on the understanding of this and that you come on the holiday entirely at your own risk. It is not possible for us to be responsible for the actions or omissions of those involved in your holiday over whom we have no direct control, such as employees of airlines, hotels and transport undertakings. Naturally we cannot assume responsibility for loss or expense due to war, riots, strikes, terrorist activities or natural disaster. This does not affect your statutory rights.
21. Bookings are accepted subject to the transport conditions and regulations of the carriers and to the laws of the countries in which such carriage is required.
22. In the unlikely event of a complaint, please refer to your leader. If the problem cannot be resolved, please place your complaint in writing to this office within 28 days of the end of the tour. All complaints will be dealt with promptly.
Bird Holidays Ltd, Registered office: 10, Ivegate, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7RE. Our holidays are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 5546.